Entertainment News

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ homes raided by law enforcement

[ad_1]

In response to reports of searches of homes owned by musician and producer Sean “Diddy” Combs on Monday, New York’s Department of Homeland Security Investigations confirmed that it had “executed law enforcement actions in the part of an ongoing investigation.

The agency said it took action with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami and local law enforcement. “We will provide further information as it becomes available,” law enforcement told CNN.

HSI is the principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is responsible for investigating transnational crime and threats, including human trafficking.

A representative for HSI Miami told CNN’s Carlos Suarez that the law enforcement action was an “execution of a search warrant.”

It is not yet clear whether Combs or other residents are the target of police action. CNN has contacted Combs’ representatives for comment.

Aerial footage over Combs’ Los Angeles home showed several armed law enforcement officers walking around the grounds of the property. Mobile command post vehicles were visible at his Los Angeles home and in Miami, where agents processed documents at card tables. It will take time to locate and process the evidence given the large size of the properties, CNN’s Josh Campbell reported.

Law enforcement officers board a vehicle on a street near a Los Angeles property owned by Sean “Diddy” Combs after federal law enforcement executed a raid in connection with an ongoing sex trafficking investigation by federal authorities in New York, Monday, March 25. , 2024. (AP Photo/Eric Thayer)

Law enforcement was still present on the scene Monday evening, according to CNN journalists on site.

Combs, 54, founded the Bad Boy music label in 1993 and goes by the stage names Puff Daddy and Diddy. Credited with work considered instrumental in the growth of the hip-hop genre, Combs has won three Grammys during his career, as well as 14 nominations. Although he achieved early success with his music, Combs also became a notable producer and entrepreneur.

Although it is unclear whether Monday’s law enforcement action is related, the event follows months of controversy for Combs.

In November 2023, Combs settled a lawsuit brought by his former girlfriend, singer Casandra “Cassie” Ventura, who claimed she was raped and subjected to years of repeated physical and other abuse at the hands of Combs.

“A decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing,” Ben Brafman, Combs’ attorney, told CNN in a statement at the time. “Mr. Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit in no way calls into question his adamant denial of the allegations. He is pleased that they have reached a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best.

A few weeks later, at least two more civil suits were filed against Combs with allegations of sexual assault.

“I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy,” Combs said in a statement in December. “Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick paycheck. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the horrible things alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.

Combs was accused of sexual assault and harassment in another civil suit filed by a former male employee last month, claims that Combs, through his attorney, has denied.

CNN’s Carlos Suarez contributed to this report.

[ad_2]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button