World News

P Diddy: Weapons found in Sean Combs home during federal raids, sources say

[ad_1]

Firearms were found by federal agents searching homes belonging to rapper Sean Combs, three sources familiar with the matter told Sky News’ US partner network NBC News.

The 54 year old manthe houses of Los Angeles and Miami were raided by Homeland Security investigative agents on March 25, as part of an ongoing sex trafficking investigation by federal authorities in New York, the AP news agency reported.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Homeland Security raids Sean “Diddy” Combs’ homes

Several phones were seized from Combs’ home in Miami before he was scheduled to leave for a trip to the Bahamas, according to NBC News.

The rapper – also known as P Diddy and Puff Daddy – has been embroiled in a series of serious allegations These last months.

Three women and one man were questioned by federal officials in Manhattan as part of the investigation, according to NBC News.

It is not yet clear what type of firearms were found or who they belonged to.

Following searches of his home in late March, Combs’ attorney, Aaron Dyer, said there was “excessive use of military force in the execution of the search warrants.”

“There is no excuse for the excessive display of force and hostility shown by the authorities or for the way in which its children and employees were treated,” he added.

Mr. Dyer said Combs had not been arrested and his ability to travel was not restricted, nor were any members of his family.

“This unprecedented ambush – coupled with an advanced and coordinated media presence – leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on baseless accusations made within the framework civil proceedings.

“None of these allegations have resulted in criminal or civil charges. Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every day to clear his name.”

Multiple lawsuits

Combs has also recently faced several lawsuits accusing him of sexual misconduct and other wrongdoing.

In February, a music producer claimed Combs forced him to solicit prostitutes and have sex with them.

Combs’ attorney responded by saying, “We have overwhelming and indisputable evidence that his claims are complete lies.”

Cassie Ventura and Sean “Diddy” Combs photographed together in 2015
Picture:
Cassie Ventura and Combs pictured in 2015. Photo: Reuters

The rapper’s former protégé and girlfriend, R&B singer Cassie, is also sued him in November, alleging she was trafficked, raped, drugged and beaten by Combs over a 10-year period.

Combs rejected the accusations, calling them offensive and scandalous.

The case has been settled the day after its filing.

Since then, three other women have filed lawsuits in the Southern District of New York alleging that Combs sexually assaulted them. Two of them said they were teenagers at the time.

Combs has denied all of the allegations, calling them “sickening” and “horrible.”

Combs is one of the most influential hip hop producers of the last three decades, building one of hip hop’s largest empires and founding the label Bad Boy Records in 1993 working with artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Mary J Blige , Usher and Lil Kim.

A three-time Grammy winner, his latest album, The Love Album – Off the Grid, was nominated for Best Progressive R&B Album at February’s Grammy Awards. He neither won nor participated.

Sky News has contacted Combs’ representatives for comment.

[ad_2]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button