Entertainment News

Kate Middleton announces she has cancer

[ad_1]

The Princess of Wales has revealed she has cancer in an explosive announcement.

Kate, 42, posted a video message to share the devastating news on Friday at 6pm UK time.

“I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you for all the wonderful messages of support and understanding while I was recovering from surgery,” she began in the clip, which the BBC reported was recorded on Wednesday.

“It’s been an incredibly difficult few months for our whole family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who took great care of me, for which I’m very grateful.”

Kate added that the cancer was discovered after her abdominal operation in January.

” The operation is a success. However, tests after the operation revealed the presence of cancer. My medical team therefore advised me to undergo preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of this treatment.

She admitted it was a “huge shock”.

“William and I have done everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family,” Kate explained.

“As you can imagine, this took a while. It took me a while to recover from major surgery to begin my treatment. But, more importantly, it took us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that worked for them, and to reassure them that everything will be okay.

Despite the shock diagnosis, Kate insisted she was getting “stronger every day”.

“I am doing well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirit,” she said.

“Having William by my side is also a great source of comfort and reassurance. Just like the love, support and kindness so many of you have shown. It means so much to both of us.

“We hope you understand that as a family we now need time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I can, but for now I need to focus on making a full recovery.

Kate finished with a personal message of support to others affected by the disease.

“At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For anyone facing this illness in any form, do not lose faith or hope. You’re not alone.”

The special announcement came after weeks of speculation about Kate’s health and following the announcement earlier this year that King Charles was also undergoing treatment for an unspecified cancer.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson told the BBC that the king was “very proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking out as she did” and that he had “remained in closest contact with his mother-in-law.” beloved daughter in the last weeks” since they were both. to the hospital.

Conspiracy theories have swirled online about the popular royal’s absence from public life.

As speculation over her whereabouts reached a deafening peak in recent days, Kate was spotted at her local farm shop in Windsor alongside her husband, Prince William.

A video of the outing, shot by a spectator, was later shared with the media.

The couple are said to be “rocked” by the frenzied speculation, which includes unsubstantiated claims about their marriage.

Kate is recovering at her home at Adelaide Cottage, within the grounds of Windsor Castle, with William and their three children following her two-week stay in hospital.

The London Clinic, which treated Kate earlier this year, is reportedly under investigation over a possible delay in reporting an alleged security breach.

Three people are understood to be under scrutiny following worrying allegations that an attempt was made to access the Princess of Wales’ private medical records at Marylebone’s exclusive hospital, The London Clinic.

[ad_2]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button