Amazon’s 10-day Black Friday sales event will begin on Friday, November 17 and finish on Friday November 24. This is Amazon’s longest Black Friday sale to date. The first phase of transactions begins November 17-22and of November 23-24 expect exclusive offers. To find the Best Black Friday deals, click here.
During the main event of Black Friday, you can browse deals from a huge number of categories, including top TV brands, Smart Home devices, fashion, beauty & wellness, furniture, pet supplies, tools, fitness equipment and much more.
How to negotiate deals – be quick!
Black Friday deals can expire in minutes, and some deals end when stock runs out. Inside the Black Friday event are promotions called Spotlight Deals, Gold Box Deals of the Day, and Lightning Deals. I put them in order of urgency.
Lightning Deals almost always offer the best prices and last for a small window of time or when sold out – sometimes even just a few minutes. Even if it seems like a deal is missing, below is a tip that could be a simple solution to getting the deal anyway.
How to get a cheap Amazon Prime membership
To obtain a cheap Amazon Prime subscription, you can try a free trial, get a student discount, use a Medicaid or EBT card, or share your account with someone in your household. Each option has different requirements and benefits that you can check out here.
Pro tip: Get organized with a list and use my Amazon Black Friday Battle Plan strategy.
CyberGuy Black Friday Battle Plan Tips
- Create a wish list on Amazon. Put in it everything you buy on a recurring basis throughout the year, such as dog food, light bulbs and basic necessities. Add in upcoming birthdays, big-ticket items you’ve been hesitant to buy, and prepare your Christmas gift list well in advance while saving huge amounts.
- “Join the waiting list” on sold out products you want and missed. Do you think it’s exhausted? Maybe not. Items placed in another buyer’s cart expire if not purchased within 15 minutes. If you are on a waiting list, you may be notified that the offer is yours.
- Download the Amazon app for smartphone or tablet to see the offers first. The app displays deals first and lets you create a “Watch This Deal” list to be notified when a deal goes live.
- Say “Alexa, what are your offers?” » for exclusive offers. You can cycle through this audio form of chords by saying “Alexa, next,” as they are described, to move on to the next chord. Voice shopping is a real problem and Amazon knows it. That’s why they tempt us to try it with even better offers that you can find on the site.
- Compare prices at other retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, Kohl’s and Target, as many other sources take advantage of the excitement of Black Friday.
Beware of these Black Friday losing mishaps
- Avoid unknown brands this can often disappoint.
- Avoid fake reviews using fakespot.com. Instead of adding their browser extension, simply link to the search box to copy and paste a listing of Amazon products. Fakespot will scan to display a rating and explanation. The goal is to weed out fake reviews and identify struggling listings.
- Avoid overpaying by checking the lowest price history on the Camelcamelcamel website. A price history of almost every Amazon item is saved here to show whether you’re actually getting the lowest price.
- Avoid the Amazon Assistant browser plug-in for confidentiality reasons. While Amazon’s browser plug-in can make it easier to compare items and track deals, it also comes at a cost to your privacy in the way it can track your web browser activity.
How to find the best Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Kurt’s Key Takeaways
Now you know how to get the best deals on Amazon this Cyber Monday. Now is the time to act quickly and recoup those savings before they disappear.
Whether you’re looking for a new TV, a smart home device, a cozy sweater, or a gift for your pet, you’ll find something for everyone on your list. And don’t forget to use your Amazon Prime benefits for free shipping and exclusive deals. Good shopping.
How do you plan your Cyber Monday shopping? Do you use a wishlist, a budget or a strategy? Tell us how you organize your online shopping trip by writing to us at Cyberguy.com/Contact.
For more of my tech tips and security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report newsletter by visiting Cyberguy.com/Newsletter.
Answers to the most asked CyberGuy questions:
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.