Have you ever wished you had more concrete proof of things said to you over text? Maybe you need to prove a point, settle a dispute, or keep track of important information.
Whatever the reason, printing text messages is a great way to keep a hard copy of your conversations, which can come in handy if you ever need to go to court or simply hold someone accountable.
But how to print text messages on your iPhone? It’s not as simple as you might think. Unlike some other phones, iPhones don’t have a built-in option to print messages directly from the Messages app. However, there are still several ways to do this, depending on how many messages you want to print and whether you want a physical or digital copy.
1. Use screenshots
The easiest and fastest way to print text messages on an iPhone is to take screenshots of the conversation and then print them from the Photos app. This method works well if you only have a few messages to print and you don’t mind having them in image format. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to posts application and choose the application conversation you want to print.
- To capture the conversation, depending on the type of iPhone you have it, click on the lock button and the top volume button at the same time, or on some older iPhones, click the button home button and the lock button at the same time.
- Then go to Pictures application.
- Press the Albums and select Screenshot.
- Click on Select and press all screenshots that you want to print (a check mark will appear in a blue circle).
- Then, in the lower left corner, tap the button share button.
- Then select To print.
- Make sure you have a wireless printer within range and connected to your iPhone, and adjust the settings as you wish.
- Faucet To print at the top right and wait for your messages to print.
You have successfully printed text messages on your iPhone using screenshots. However, if you have a lot of messages to print, this method might not be very efficient, as you will have to take multiple screenshots and print them one by one. In this case, you may want to try the following method.
2. Convert Text Messages to PDF on Mac
One way to save entire text conversations is to convert a chat to PDF from your Mac. However, as you’ll see in the steps below, if you want to download all the text messages you’ve had with someone over a long period of time, you may have to do a lot of scrolling back and forth, and then it’s Possible that your messaging app may even close after you. This process is better for a short-term print/save situation, but is somewhat unreliable if you want to go back a long time to print and save your conversations.
- Open it iMessages application on your Mac.
- Select the text chat you want to save from here by clicking on it.
- Select Deposit.
- Then choose To print.
- From the drop-down menu, select the File type.
- Choose to Save as PDF.
- Now choose what you want Save as, Or you want to save it, as well as the Title, Author And Subject.
- Then click To safeguard.
- You should now have a PDF with your conversation texts and images.
3. Send conversations to another phone number
Let’s say you don’t have access to a printer, but you still want to copy and export your thread from your iPhone. You can send it to another number and then print it later. This is good if you want to share some conversation threads, but not the entire thread you’ve had with someone for years. Follow these steps to send your conversations:
- Launch it iMessage app on your iPhone.
- Find it conversation that you want to save and open it.
- Long press one message bubble in the conversation.
- Faucet More.. when the menu appears.
- Select manually all posts you want to save by tapping the circles to the left of the message bubbles.
- Select all posts you want to save by tapping the circles to the left of the message bubbles.
- Press the Share option at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now choose HAS who you want to share the conversation with.
- Click it up arrow in green circle share.
4. Use a third-party app
Another way to print text messages on an iPhone is to use a third-party app called iMazing. This application allows you to export your messages as a PDF file, which you can then print from your computer or save as a digital copy. This method works well if you have a long history of messages to print and want to send them in text format. Here’s how to do it:
- Once downloaded, install the app on your computer, and launch he.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open your iPhone and tap Trusted device when prompted.
- In the app sidebar, select your device then click Messages.
- Select the conversation you want to export.
- In the upper right corner, select Since And has what are the dates of the conversations you want to print.
- Adjust settings as you wish, and make sure you have a printer connected to your computer, then click To print Again.
Alternatively, if you want to export the messages as a digital copy to save them on your computer, you can do the following:
- Follow the same steps as above until step 6.
- Instead of clicking Print, click Export to PDF format.
- Click on Following, and choose it Name and location of where you want to save the PDF file.
- Click on Export, and wait for your messages to be exported.
Kurt’s Key Takeaways
Printing text messages on an iPhone can be useful for a variety of purposes, such as keeping track of evidence, documenting important information, or preserving memories. However, it’s not very easy to do this directly from the Messages app, so you’ll have to use alternative methods, like taking screenshots or using a third-party app like iMazing.
Have you ever printed text messages on your iPhone? If so, what was the reason and what method did you use? Let us know by writing to us at Cyberguy.com/Contact.
For more of my tech tips and security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report newsletter by visiting Cyberguy.com/Newsletter.
Answers to the most asked CyberGuy questions:
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.